“Workforce for a Global Economy: Train the Technical and Vocational Trainer Conference”
Date: September 9-13, 2019
Location: Houston, Texas USA
If students are to graduate prepared to for work in a global economy, they must have the workforce readiness skills that will allow them to work on international teams and with people from diverse backgrounds. This session will help you return home and train educators on what the skills of global competence are, how they link to TVET career pathways, and how to start integrating global content into what is already being taught in TVET classrooms.
About the Workshop
If you’re like most higher education professionals, you don’t pursue excellence for its own sake – you pursue it because you want to affect the lives of your students.
There’s simply no better place than The Workforce Readiness for a Global Economy: Train the Technical and Vocational Trainer Conference to explore and celebrate your commitment to the art and science of teaching.
This 7-day event presents the newest thinking on improving teaching and learning. Meet and network with like-minded colleagues, and learn from innovators whose presentations showcase the proven methods and approaches that they’ve used with their students.
In cooperation with Texas Southern University College of Continuing Education, Americas Empowerment Institute deliberately designs a wide-ranging focus in our program to provide choices and variety that will appeal to our very mixed audience. We also plan a participant-only track within the program to offer opportunities for participants to work with other participants on issues of special interest to them. We hope you will join us for a rich and substantive workshop in gorgeous Southwest. When you leave the conference you should be able to:
- What skills are necessary for success in the global economy?
- Why are global skills critical for TVET programs?
- Why is global competence important for jobs in my local community?
- How does teaching through a global lens align to the standards I’m teaching?
- How can I begin to make local connections to global issues in my TVET courses to more deeply engage my students?
The Conference is a flagship event, dedicated to teaching and learning. Educators and administrators of all disciplines and experience levels leave the event with actionable ideas and insights that they can start implementing right away. Sessions are especially geared toward: Faculty, Instructors, Faculty developers, Instructional designer and technologists, Curriculum developers, Deans, Administrators
The workshop will run from April 8-12, 2019 as follows:
- Arrival and Registration | Sunday 8, 2019
- Presentations and workshop interactive | Monday 9, 2019 | 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
- Presentations and workshop interactive | Tuesday 10, 2019 | 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
- NASA Site Visit | Wednesday 11, 2019 | 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
- Technical and workshop interactive | Thursday 12, 2019 | 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
- Graduation and Certificate Ceremony | Friday 13, 2019 | 9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
The workshop registration fee is $2,500. The amount will cover conference materials, snacks and lunches for the meeting days. Fees due in full ten days in advance of the first day of the workshop. By Check: Please make payment in US dollar payable to “Americas Empowerment Institute” By wire transfer: If payment is by wire transfer, please remit using the following information:
Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
Address: 420 Montgomery
San Francisco, CA
Swift/BIC Code: WFBIUS6S
RTN/ABA code: 121000248
Account Number: 7705830920
WORKSHOP VENUE / HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
The Workshop shall hold at the Sleep Inn and Suites, 4810 Alpine Dr. Stafford, TX 77477 USA.Tel:1.281.494.0001. Website: www.choicehotels.com/hotels/tx884. While participants are generally advised to lodge at Sleep Inn and Suites for discounted rates, AEMPIN shall negotiate favorable rates in a number of the other hotels and lodges that are located close enough to the workshop venue. When this is done, we recommend that prospective delegates should please indicate their preference and confirm their room booking with the AEMPIN early enough.
ADVANTAGES OF AEMPIN
In addition to highly rated academic experience, participants receive free ipad, discounted hotel rate, local transportation, discounted health care, international phone card, 3.0 CEUs certificate of completion and world class experience in Houston, Texas USA!
Please visit Conference Registration and select “Workforce for a Global Economy: Train the Technical and Vocational Trainer Conference” September 9- 13, 2019 and register
For more information, please contact Ms Nicheeka Smith, Communications Manager at 1.281.818.9307 or email: email@example.com
Americas Empowerment Institute “AEMPIN” is a world leading capacity building institute with over 17 years experience in providing specialized and highly rated training workshops in the areas of information technology, utility, governance, regulation, law, leadership, management, finance, public procurement and telecommunications. AEMPIN is a public, non-political, non-profit educational institute serving a global constituency.
Since 2003, in cooperation with Texas Southern University, AEMPIN has trained over 20,000 officials from 51 countries and conduct training both in the U.S. and abroad. AEMPIN also provides consulting and certification services to developing nations in the empowerment methodology and the designing of their economic and governmental policies, in efforts to further support and promote good and efficient governance through emerging trends and global best practices.
We will welcome papers that will offer insight on how workforce skills determines global Economy by addressing the following:
- Mechanisms on which trainers/teachers can build the capacity of students skills structures as well as development of guidelines for the assessment of those skills structures for global economy
- How to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls and systems to support technical and vocational college governance and management
- Will TVET skills have competence in terms of the educational outcome with serious impact on global economy? Case studies will be most appropriate.
Dates for submissions of presentation proposals:
1. First Call for Abstracts – November 15, 2019
2. Second Call for Abstracts – January 9, 2019
3. Third and last call for abstracts-February 7, 2019
4. Deadline for submission of Abstracts – March 30, 2019
5. Review of Abstracts – April 9 to 12, 2019
6. Confirmation of Acceptance of Abstracts – May 13, 2019
7. Submission of Full Papers and PowerPoint Presentations – June 10, 2019.
All abstracts should be submitted by email as Microsoft word attachments. An abstract should have the following information: Sub-theme, paper titles, Author’s name, institutional affiliation, mailing address and email address followed by the text of the abstract. The abstract submission should be left justified in entirety, written in English, 12 point, Times Roman font, single-spaced with no bold, italic, or underlined text. Authors should submit the abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line of “Workforce for a Global Economy: Train the Trainer Conference 2019 Abstract Submission.” The abstracts should be 250-300 words. Review of abstracts will be done by the AEMPIN conference Program Committee, and only high quality submissions will be accepted.