Administration & Registration Guidelines
- Application form must be completed – including a current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or supporting essay. These may be attached to the application form or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once approved, AEMPIN will send an acceptance letter, course orientation packet, hotel reservation form and invoice at the e-mail address provided.
- Tuition and hotel registration forms must be submitted ten (10) days prior to the starting date of the course. This allows AEMPIN to return issue the tuition payment receipt and hotel lodging confirmation. These documents are required for your entry visa interview with the embassy.
- IMPORTANT: AEMPIN does reserve the right to cancel any training session should the number of participants be insufficient. In the event of course cancellation, AEMPIN will refund any costs paid for tuition, but will not be liable for any travel costs (i.e. flights, visas, etc.)
LETTER OF INVITATION
- AEMPIN issues a formal letter of invitation to each participant accepted into a program.
- This invitation packet should be brought with you, along with receipt of payment to the visa interview, as this is often required documentation.
• Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion of 3.0 CEU, 6.0 CEU, or 24.0 CEU dependent on the course completed.
• In order to receive successful completion for the course, AEMPIN requires that a participant attend all training sessions at the scheduled times from the first day through the last day. The participant must also be active in group discussions and complete all assignments issued by the instructor.
• IMPORTANT: AEMPIN reserves the right to withhold certification should the participant miss a number of sessions without proper reason.
COST OF ATTENDANCE
• Cost of attendance for each training session can be found on www.aempin.org on the course listings, printed brochure, and on the application form.
• Tuition fee for each seminar is printed on the application form and also posted on www.aempin.org. The fee, payable in U.S. dollars, includes course instruction, books and reference materials, study visits, field trips, and AEMPIN – organized social events. Tuition DOES NOT include the cost of airfare, hotel, meals and incidentals. Each participant’s organization or nominating agency should allocate an appropriate per diem amount to cover those expenses.
• Course space is limited; therefore we cannot guarantee participation through submission of the application form.
• Tuition payment (USD) must be made at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of course to guarantee participation.
AEMPIN will only accept tuition payment via Cash, Money Order, and Wire Transfer for tuition. For more information, you may reach our accounting department at 1-281-818-9307.
The Americas Empowerment Institute accepts the following forms of payments:
CASH: AEMPIN accepts cash payments in U.S. currency only.
REMIT TO: The Americas Empowerment Institute
9888 Bissonnet Street, Suite 200
Houston, TX USA 77036
Attn: Accounting Department
WIRE: To make payment via wire transfer to the Americas Empowerment Institute:
Contact our Accounting Department at 1-281-818-9307 for complete wiring instructions.
IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the participant, organization, country and course number on wire transfer. Once the wire transfer has been sent, please email a copy of the wire transfer via receipt so we can trace the payment to us.
For more information about submitting tuition payment, please contact our office at 1-281-818-9307 or email us at email@example.com.
• Tuition can be refunded up to ten (10) business days before the start of training.
• If the start of course is within ten (10) business days and a refund is requested, tuition will NOT be refunded, but those funds can be applied to a future training session.
• All refunds are made to the agency/ministries requests. Refunds are only made to the agencies/ministries and not to individuals.
• Refunds are not made to any applicant under false pretences for the purpose of gaining entry into the United States.
AEMPIN does provide all training and course materials, texts, hand-outs and needed supplies. At the conclusion of your program you will be provided a digital copy of all materials given to you during your program.
• Houston has two major airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU) airports.
• Taxis are always available outside the terminals.
• You may also wish to use the Super Shuttle service which is more affordable, especially from Hobby or for groups. You may inquire about Super Shuttle at www.supershuttle.com
ACCOMMODATIONS / HOUSING
• AEMPIN does offer a list of select hotels that are near the institute, local shopping, or dining. We strongly recommend that participants book at these hotels as they offer discounted rates through our Institute.
• Participants can choose to make their own accommodations and select any hotel they want. Hotel selection outside of our list does exclude participants from our Institute’s shuttle service. Transportation to and from the institute will be the sole responsibility of the participant.
• AEMPIN can make hotel reservations on behalf of the participant for recommended hotels only in order to receive the discounted rate.
• Reservations require a submitted hotel registration form (included in the admission packet) along with full tuition payment or valid credit card number no later than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the training. Hotels require a security deposit or a credit card number to secure the reservation. The credit card will only work as security for your reservation and will not be charged until you arrive. You may pay using a different payment method upon arrival at the hotel.
• Reservations and special rates are subject to availability. Reservation requests submitted less than two weeks before the program may not be accepted. Cancellations or changes in reservations must be requested at least one week in advance, otherwise hotels may apply late fees and other penalties. Please consider that hotels in Texas are expensive and may be difficult to obtain on short notice. We strongly encourage you to make reservations as soon as possible.
• Hotel accommodations are not included in the cost of attendance.
• Candidates who need a visa to travel to the U.S. must apply with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their respective country and, in many cases, appear for an interview.
• Please be aware that obtaining a U.S. visa could take up to several weeks. We strongly recommend that applicants schedule their visa appointment as early as possible to allow for sufficient time in securing all the necessary documentation during the interview.
• Visa interview normally requires acceptance letter, tuition payment receipt, and hotel accommodation receipt to establish need.
• AEMPIN does not have input or influence with the U.S. embassy and therefore has no influence over results of interview.
HEALTH AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE
• AEMPIN does not provide health insurance coverage for participants.
• We strongly recommend participants obtain health or accident insurance prior to arrival.
• We refer participants to partnering hospitals/clinics for cheaper/discounted cost.
• Medical coverage in the U.S. can be very expensive compared to other countries.