004 – Today’s Strategic Leader: Strategic Planning, Negotiation and Conflict Management
Location & Date: Houston, Texas USA. Dec 4-8
Registration Discount: $3,900 – You must Register 60 days in advance and payment must be Paid In Full 30 days prior to the start of class.
This course is designed to unmask the triplet concepts of strategic leadership competencies of strategic planning, negotiation and conflict management needed to succeed in today’s demanding and vision driven business world. The primary focus is on how strategy and negotiation defines the vision of where you want to be and determines the path to get you there using a conflict management process designed to control and direct the organization’s operations so that the mission and objective are met. Negotiation and conflict management are the key competencies of strategic management and leadership that exerts influence and smartly control the tomorrow’s events.
Our goal is to provide participants with the learning tools and frameworks needed to address and discuss challenges faced by managers, executives, leaders and board of directors and study ways to enhance critical thinking, decision making, developing, deploying, monitoring and continuously improving corporate strategies and processes. We will do this by bringing forth various issues that impact strategic planning, long-term value creation, managing conflict resolution and responding to business sustainability concerns. Through utilization of presentations, group discussions and experimental exercises designed to engage participants and deepen their learning, we will explore different ways of designing strategy, planning negotiation and managing conflict that will focus resources on the activities that create strong value and competitive advantages.
This course is intended for professionals from any industry who may find it difficult to take a “bigger picture” view of business issues both within and outside of strategic planning process, Ambitious professionals, Management Teams, Team Members, Administrators, and Anyone who wishes to enhance their negotiation skills and gain a more rewarding and effective part of their job.
After Completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand and Mobilize Techniques and Best Practices for managing Strategy
• Demonstrate How to Evaluate Strategies Opportunities and Prepare Strategic Plans for Implementation
• Utilize Management Issues, Option Generation, Opportunity Cost, Choice and Execution Phases of Strategy
• Understand Conflict Source In Professional Environment
• Learn Negotiation Skills: Tactics and Strategies
• To be Able to Apply Seven- Step Planning Guide to Analyze and Prepare for Negotiation
• Understand How to Maximize Four Power and Influence
• Understand Decision-Making and Problem Solving Best Practices
Module 1: Strategic Planning and Achieving Strategic Control
• What are Strategy and Strategic Planning?
• The need for Strategy and Strategic Planning Today?
• The Strategic Management Process
• Techniques and Best Practices for Managing Strategy
• Strategic Planning: Challenges and Implications
• Uncovering and Evaluating Strategic Opportunities
• Managerial Competence and Business Literacy
Experiential Exercise: Strategic Thinking- What comes to mind?
Module 2: Stages of Strategy Development
• Strategic Thinking, Strategy Decision Making, Strategic Planning
• Tools to Anticipate Change
• Linking Foresight to Strategy Development
• The Contingency Planning Paradigm
• Characteristics of Effective Reward and Evaluation Systems
Module 3: Negotiation Skills: Tactics and Strategies
• The Negotiation Process
• The Mental Model of Negotiation
• Negotiation Skills and Tactics
• Showing Respect and Building Trust
• Overcoming Fear and Anxiety
Experiential Exercise: What kind of Negotiator are you?
Module 4: The Advantage of Active Listening
• 10 keys of Effective Listening
• Active Listening Behaviors
• Responses used in Active Listening
• Effective Communication Skills and Behaviors
Module 5: Initiating and Responding to Conflict Resolution
• Sources and Types of Conflict
• Strategies for Reducing Conflict
• Assessing Conflict Management Styles
• The Seven Steps to Effective Conflict Resolution
• Mediation, Arbitration and Complaint Handling
• Creating a Conflict Resolution Action Plan
Module 6: Maximizing Power and Influence
• Sources and Uses of Power
• Types of Influence and Influence Tactics
• Increasing your Levels of Influence
• The Role of Organizing Politics
• Employee Engagement Strategies
Module 7: Decision-Making and Problem- Solving
• The Decision-Making Process
• The Accountability Factor
• Risk Assessment and Crisis Management
• Understanding and Complying with Regulation
Experiential Exercise: Strategic Leader’s Conflict Resolution and Communication Styles Assessment.