046 – Women in Leadership: Politics, Governance, Business, Management and Technology
Date: July 4 – 8, 2022 | Dec 5-9, 2022
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Registration Discount: $3,900 – You must Register 60 days in advance and payment must be Paid In Full 30 days prior to the start of class.
As a woman leader, you face a variety of unique challenges that require practical strategies to navigate. In this program you will learn different approaches for effectively handling common obstacles, navigate political waters, how to strengthen your emotional intelligence, and develop the skills necessary to stand out as a leader among both men and women. This program is effectively the pinnacle of true empowerment and capacity building of women for leadership development.
All evidence suggests that women aspiring to leadership positions need more than they are getting today. The under achievement so far in leadership participation by women suggest that the missing link should be corrected and that is capacity building. This block buster program is a powerful initiative for re-strategizing and repositioning women for higher performance and impacts in all frontiers of the mainstream.
Expected Key Benefits
- Will maximize leadership potential for women for high performance and greater impact in all frontiers- home, society, national economy, governance and business through essential knowledge, best practices and useful experiences garnered from highly interactive sessions on challenges, failures and successes of fellow women in different leadership situations.
- Women will be ultimately crafting and highlighting success formulae in all challenging situations.
- Learning from one another, exploring and adopting the phenomena of female advantage in all challenges as winning strategies.
- Certificated and accredited program by Texas Southern University (TSU) and AEMPIN.
- Professional Alumni Status of AEMPIN
This women leadership development certificate program improves, inspires, your confidence and sense of worth, your decision-making and leadership skills by deepening your capacity and understanding of core business, politics, governance and organizational operations with broaden knowledge in your area of business, politics, leadership and governance insight, will be equipped to identify problems and craft effective solutions.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Gain clarity in what leadership means and the challenges of leadership
- Identify and adopt your winning strategies and leadership success formula
- Clearly understand your current strengths and weaknesses as a leader and develop a strategy for improvement and development
- Gain confidence and power within your management hierarchy
- Act with greater confidence and ownership when you apply your management style
- Enhance your strategic skills through improved planning and change implementation
- Become more ‘politically savvy, astute and build strategic alliances
- Communicate with improved clarity and authority
- Develop greater personal self-confidence and inspire and motivate yourself and your staff
- Embrace can-do approach against odds
- Cultivate appropriate leadership skills in the today’s world.
- Module 1: Navigating the Bind
- Module 2: The Dynamics of Power, Influence and Negotiation
- Module 3: Using emotional Intelligence to Drive Results
- Module 4: Strategy, Conflict Resolution and Crisis Management
- Modules 5: Business and Finance
- Module 6: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Module 7: Outsmart the Life-Work Balance
- Module 8: Factors impacting on women’s path to leadership
- Module 9: Governance Mechanisms
Why a woman-only program?
This program creates a trusting and non-competitive environment in which participants can identify their capabilities and develop a plan for growth and improvement away from the pressures of the work environment and every-day life. It is highly interactive and supplemented by site visits, group working and feedback and co-counseling sessions.
Who should attend?
- Women CEO’S, President and Board Members in the public and private sector who are aspiring to improve their business, management and leadership capabilities
- Female Heads and Managers in the Banking Industry and other Financial Institutions
- Women Property Consultants/Managers in public and private sectors,
- Top Women Executives who are Decision Makers in the Upstream and Downstream of the Oil and Gas sector
- Female Heads of Government Parastatals, Ministries and Agencies
- Female Heads of Human Resources Department in both Public and Private Sectors
- Senior Female Judiciary Officers, Female Partners and Top Associates of Law Firms.
- Female law makers
- Women in trade and commerce management
- Women in Agriculture and food manufacturing management
- Women in educational administration
- Women political leaders
- Legislative clerks and administrators
- Female electoral commissioners, directors and managers.
- First ladies, female governors, female deputy governors, senators