028 – Arbitration, Mediation, and Conflict Resolution in Public Sector
Date: Jun 6 – 10, 2022 | Oct 3 – 7, 2022
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Registration Discount: $3,900 – You must Register 60 days in advance and payment must be Paid In Full 30 days prior to the start of class.
Arbitration, negotiation and conflict resolution are central to business and this course is designed to help participants understand the principles, strategies and tactics that work best while developing their negotiation skills so that they are able to resolve conflicts and influence others. This experiential and discussion-based course will examine conflict resolution approaches, conflict analysis and assessment, and practice listening and communication strategies that lead to sound decision-making and achieve win-win solutions.
Our goal is to provide participants with the learning tools and frameworks needed to manage conflict by managing emotions in a constructive way and becoming more comfortable in developing the insight, intuition, and abilities for handling intense situations that result in effective resolutions. We will do this by coaching participants to understand how, why, where, and when to apply conflict resolution and negotiation approaches as we analyze what strategies work best, and under what circumstances they are most effective.
The course is intended for Sr. leaders, directors and managers, team leaders, arbitrators, mediators, conflict managers, and other key administrators, board members, and Industry leaders in the public and private sector, consumer groups and government.
MODULE 1: Negotiating Skills: Tactics and Strategies
• The Negotiation process
• The Mental Model of Negotiation
• Negotiating Skills and Tactics
• Showing Respect and Building Trust
• Overcoming Fear and Anxiety
Experiential Exercise: What Kind of Negotiator are You?
MODULE 2: The Advantages of Active Listening
• 10 Keys of Effective Listening
• Qualities of Active Listeners
• Active Listening Behaviors
• Responses used in Active Listening
• Effective Communication Skills and Behaviors
MODULE 3: Initiating and Responding to Conflict Resolution
• Sources and Types of Conflict
• Strategies for reducing conflict
• Assessing Conflict Management Styles
• The Seven Steps to Effective Conflict Resolution
• Mediation, Arbitration and Complaint Handling
• Creating a Conflict Resolution Action Plan
MODULE 4: Maximizing Power and Influence
• Sources and Uses of Power
• Types of Influence and Influence Tactics
• Increasing your Levels of Influence
• The Role of Organizational Politics
• Employee Engagement Strategies
MODULE 5: Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
• The Decision-Making Process
• The Accountability Factor
• Risk Assessment and Crisis Management
• The Accountability Factor
• Understanding and Complying with Regulation
Case Study: Conflict Resolution and Communication Styles Assessment