014 – Essentials for Leadership
Date: May 3 – 14, 2021 | Aug 2 – 13, 2021
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Registration Discount: $8,400 – You must Register 60 days in advance and payment must be Paid In Full 30 days prior to the start of class.
Essentials of Leadership identifies several of the skill sets that great leaders possess. Through engaging lectures delivered by Americas Empowerment Institute Faculty, dynamic discussions with colleagues and hands-on workshops, participants explore the most crucial areas of leadership. Participants emerge from the program with fresh insights into how to be better decision makers, leaders of people and groups, and agents of organizational change.
Essentials of Leadership is designed for lower and mid-level executives looking to improve their effectiveness working with individuals and teams
I. Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence
• Scope and object
II. Leadership Styles and Managing Change
• What are the key action steps needed to plan and implement change?
• What do you think you do well versus not so well when it comes to planning and implementing change?
• What leadership style makes people more likely to embrace rather than resist change?
• What makes it hard for agents of change to adopt a style that makes others embrace rather than resist change?
• What can be done to overcome the obstacles alluded to in the preceding question?
III. Leadership and Group Dynamics
Why do some groups work together effectively, while other groups seem to struggle?
• How does “who you are” influence the type of roles that you take on in a group?
• What climate do you create for groups that you lead?
• How can you motivate your team to take more risk and responsibility.
IV. Leadership and Personality
• How much of your leadership behavior is driven by your environment?
• How much of your leadership behavior is driven by your own preferences?
• How can you learn about others preferences in order to more effectively lead, manage, and collaborate?